Bond Vet (“Bond Vet” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website bondvet.com (our “Website”), the types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access, or use the Bond Vet client portal web application (the “Client Portal”) or the Bond Vet iOS mobile application (the “IOS App”), the types of information that you may provide when you use Bond Vet’s SMS marketing and/or transactional services (the “SMS Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect (if any):
- On the Website, the Client Portal, the SMS Services and/or the IOS App.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages or communications between you and the Website, the Client Portal, the SMS Services and/or the IOS App.
It does not apply to information that:
- We collect on Bond Vet’s Swag Shop (available at shop.bondvet.com), which is operated by a third party;
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other website (other than the Website) or application (other than the Client Portal or the IOS App) operated by Bond Vet or any third party, including websites you may access through the IOS App or programs that use information obtained through the Website, the Client Portal, the SMS Services and/or the IOS App; or
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and the IOS App are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal or the IOS App. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal or the IOS App or through any of their respective features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and the IOS App, including information:
- By which you or your pet may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, species of pet, breed of pet, pet name, reason for visit, pet birthday, pet biological sex, pet weight, neuter/spay status, pet microchip number, pet color, previous veterinary clinics or doctors, pet’s medical records, credit card and/or other payment details and/or your communication preferences (“personal information”)
- That is about you but individually does not identify you;
- Information relating to your requested appointment scheduling with Bond Vet; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, the SMS Services the Client Portal or the IOS App, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, GPS and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, including any business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App or attending appointments at Bond’s clinics or through Bond’s telehealth services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App, subscribing to Bond’s newsletters, marketing emails and/or SMS Services, entering into a sweepstakes, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a sweepstakes or other promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research or satisfaction purposes.
- Details of past, current and future appointments, including, without limitation, medical records and invoices available through the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies and Tracking
As you navigate through and interact with the Website and/or the SMS Services and/or download, access, and use the Client Portal and/or the IOS App, we may use technologies to collect certain information, including:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use, including traffic data, logs, heat map, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App, as applicable.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your computer, tablet and/or mobile device, as applicable, internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information, and/or the device’s telephone number, each as applicable.
- Stored Information and Files. The Client Portal and/or the IOS App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs or documents.
- Location Information. The Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and the IOS App do not collect real-time information about the location of your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking). If you do not want us to collect this information, do not log into the Client Portal or download the IOS App (or delete it from your device).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, the Client Portal, the IOS App and/or our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit Bond Vet, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website and/or app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website and/or app content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website and/or the Client Portal may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website and/or Client Portal. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
When you use the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal, the IOS App, or their respective content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Analytics companies.
- Web accessibility solutions.
- Your computer or mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service or internet service provider.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information to:
- Provide the Website, the SMS Services the Client Portal and/or the IOS App and their respective contents to you.
- Provide you with information, products, or services that you request and/or purchase from us, including, without limitation, in the course of treatment.
- Send you text notifications (for your appointments, including abandoned appointment reminders), text marketing offers, and transactional texts. Opt-in data and consent for text messaging will not be shared with any third parties except for messaging partners, for the purpose of enabling and operating our text messaging program.
- Provide you notices and information regarding your pet’s care specifically as well as pet care more generally.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you about changes to the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App or any products or services we offer or provide though them.
- Marketing Bond Vet’s services, products and locations.
- Data analytics and business decision making.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
For any other purpose with your consent.
The information we collect automatically does include personal information. It helps us to improve the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To investors, members, employees, officers, directors, lenders, buyers or other successors, including, without limitation, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Bond Vet’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Bond Vet about our IOS App users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Bond Vet, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information provided on the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App:
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your email address or contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by:
- Clicking where indicated or checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data,
- Logging into the Client Portal and/or the IOS App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes,
- Sending Bond Vet an email stating your request to email@example.com,
- Responding to any promotional email or SMS Message and asking to be omitted from future email distributions, or
- Sending a text titled “STOP” to the Bond marketing and/or transactional messaging address from the mobile phone corresponding to the number enrolled in Bond Vet text messages. Please note that this will only opt you out of the specific text messaging program associated with that phone number for marketing or transactional services, as applicable, and you will need to separately unsubscribe to marketing or transactional services, as applicable, and you will remain opted in to any other text messaging programs where you have enrolled under a different phone number.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Residents of certain states may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Client Portal and/or the IOS App and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights for more information.
Your State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information.
Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information’s nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please e-mail email@example.com. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on third party servers.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Client Portal and/or the IOS App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, the SMS Services, the Client Portal and/or the IOS App.